- Fernandez vs Yates –Affirmed judgement and enhanced judgement dissolving corporation and partnership
- Bay Plumbing vs Chohonis–Applied dictionary to describe contractual terms; Prevailed in shareholder dispute
- Vandervalk vs Brewer –Sutton prevailed in establishing that a parties breach of lease; cannot enforce option to purchase in his favor
- Moreyon vs State –Established selective exclusion of ethnic group from Jury required reversal of conviction for possession of Marijuana
- Manofsky vs State –Trial counsel; admissibility of prior threats of violence; cross examination of victim
- Godfrey vs Arctur, princess –Successfully served cruise-line tour operator in Russia for injury in Russia
- Worthington vs Mejia – Jury Verdict affirmed $6.5+ million
- G vs C – Upper 6-figures against orthopedic surgeon for malpractice
- Electrical Contact Settlements – Mid seven-figures
- Cornelia v. Georgia – Ditch Collapse – Settlement in seven figures.
- Truck Roll-over in Arkansas – 7-figure settlement
- USA vs Grewe –Flight Attendant found not guilty of importing cocaine in her purse with defense another put it there as there were 10 similar purses
- USA vs Betancourt –Army Sergeant found not guilty when received more than 10 kilos of cocaine unknowingly placed in his duffle-bag
Most Notable Appellate Decisions Involving Trials and/or Appeals:
- Soffer v. Weinsier, 358 So.2d 61 (Fla. 3rd DCA 1978), trial counsel; dispute between business partners in Monza boats
- Vandervalk v. Brewer, 436 So.2d 1083 (Fla. 3rd DCA 1983), trial counsel; appellate counsel; commercial landlord tenant dispute; dependent covenants
- Edward T. Manofsky v. State, 354 So.2d 1249 (Fla. 4th DCA 1978), trial counsel; admissibility of prior threats of violence; cross examination of victim
- Moreyon v. State, 543 So.2d 349 (Fla. 3rd DCA 1989), Appellate counsel: issue of reversal of conviction for racial jury selection
- Worthington V. Mejia, 28 So.3d 79 (Fla. 2nd DCA 2009), lead trial counsel; co – counsel appeal; construction site catastrophic injury
- Fernandez; Barnes v. Yates; Travis, lead counsel trial; co – counsel on appeal; dissolution of partnership & corporation;
- Bay Plumbing; Beans v. Chohonis, 740 So.2d 65 (Fla. 3rd DCA 1999), lead trial counsel; appellate counsel; corporate shareholder and employee contract dispute
Summary of Successful Settlements:
Restricted Information To Preserve Confidentiality
JS v. Contemporary Construction and others: Multiple amputations: This was a Mid seven figures settlement. This was an Electrical contact injury claim occurring on construction site at 2200 South Dixie Highway in Miami. The contact with 7620 primary FPL line caused multiple amputations. There was an advisory jury verdict in excess of Twenty Million Dollars ($20,000,000.00)
Pulido v. Piedmont: This was a paraplegia injury occurring to this construction worker in North Georgia when a construction ditch collapsed during construction. the ditch allegedly violated O.S.H.A. standards..This was a seven figure resolution.
SM v. Truck Manufacturer: Quadriplegia: This was a truck roll over occurring in Oklahoma. The operator suffered quadriplegia. There was a substantial settlement.
Vargas v. P & S: Blindness and brain injury: This was a Monroe County construction site accident wherein a scaffold tipped over when it was not properly secured by the contractor. There was ultimately a seven figures settlement for injuries sustained.